Free membership gives you access to the SAS Skills Discussion Forum for non-programming questions about SAS. Programming and Recruiter memberships, which require monthly low-cost subscriptions, give you access to the same forum and to the SAS Programming Forum, where you can ask SAS programming questions. However, all questions and answers are visible to all members with access to each forum, which may not be quite what you are looking for.
To fulfill any need for confidential correspondence you may have seen a recent addition to the blog menu. The Premium SAS help desk service, called [sas.answers @ Holland Numerics] (which has actually been around since 2002), is different. It does not require even Free membership of the blog, but it does require a separate subscription payable using PayPal. What makes this service special is that it provides an in-house web-based interface for you to ask questions, which automatically generates an SMS message and an email to Holland Numerics, with a copy of the email sent back to you too. There is also a service level agreement to provide an answer to every question within 48 hours, and that answer will be privately sent directly back to the sending subscriber! Please note that, if a monthly subscription is not necessary, then a single question can be asked instead for a reduced fee.
Full details of the [sas.answers @ Holland Numerics] help desk service can be found here.
How will the [sas.answers @ Holland Numerics] service help you?
- You will receive expert advice and skills transfer on SAS® software.
- As a subscriber you can send your questions either:
- via the web interface using the button below:
- or directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Answers to your questions about the software will be returned to subscribers by email within 48 hours.
SAS software experience available for you @ Holland Numerics Limited:
Experience accumulated since 1981 from SAS software version 79.6 to SAS software version 9.4, using:
- Windows PC
- Windows Server
- UNIX (including Solaris 10 64-bit), Linux
- MVS, OS/390, z/OS
- VAX/VMS, OpenVMS
Detailed answers can be supplied to you for your questions about the following SAS software components:
- Base SAS software (including macros, PROC SQL, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, SAS ODBC Driver, DDE, Output Delivery System, ODS Graphics)
- SAS/ACCESS® software (including DB2, Oracle, ODBC, PC File Formats/PC Files, Teradata)
- SAS/AF® software (including Frame, OLE)
- SAS/CONNECT® software
- SAS/GRAPH® software (including Output Delivery System)
- SAS/STAT®, SAS/ETS® software
- Enterprise GuideTM software (all versions up to 7.1)
- SAS StudioTM software (all versions up to 3.6)
- SAS® Integration Technologies (including BI Server)
General answers can be supplied to you for your questions about the following SAS software components:
- Web Report, DI, IML, Forecast StudioTM software
- Enterprise ReporterTM software
- Enterprise MinerTM software
- IT Service VisionTM software
- SAS/EIS® software
- SAS/FSP® software
- SAS/IML® software
- SAS/INSIGHT® software
- SAS/IntrNetTM software
- SAS/MDDB® server
- SAS/SHARE® software
- You will pay £720 including taxes for your questions to be answered for 1 calendar month from the day your payment is received.
- You can specify up to 5 of your email addresses that can be used to send your questions, either directly or via the web site to
email@example.com, but these must all be specified with your order to make sure your specified users can all start using the service immediately.
- Each of your questions should normally require no more than 1/2 hour to answer.
- Only 1 question from you in any of your emails is recommended, which ensures that the answers to all of your questions are never delayed unnecessarily.
- No limit is currently in force on how many of your questions can be asked in 1 calendar month.
- Your answer will be sent back to whichever of your email addresses was used to send your question.
- No data processing can be carried out for you. However, you can send a small sample dataset (<50kb) attached to your questions emailed directly, although not to your questions emailed via the web site.
- Every effort will be made to send an answer to your question back to you within 48 hours of receipt of that question.
- Unfortunately, Holland Numerics Limited cannot accept responsibility for any problem caused by the implementation or operation of your code that you have not thoroughly tested and approved.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the agreement and request form.
You can also subscribe now with PayPal:
- Monthly subscription – [sas.answers @ Holland Numerics] monthly subscription = £720.00, including taxes:
- Single question – [sas.answers @ Holland Numerics] single question payment = £72.00, including taxes: