This app, “Platforms: How Do You Do This in SAS?”, is one of a series of eBooks about SAS software programming focusing on frequently asked questions and answers about SAS on Windows, UNIX, Linux and z/OS, illustrated by code samples which can be sent by email directly from the app. It is designed to encourage users to contribute questions some of which will be included in future versions of the app. There are controls to select specific questions, move to the previous or next question, decrease or increase the font to suit the user’s preference, and send emails requesting answers to questions not yet included in that version of the eBook.
An email client must have been installed and set up prior to the first use of this app, otherwise the features involving email will cause the app the terminate!
The questions, with answers, included are:
- About the Author: Philip R Holland
- Which platform is SAS running on
- Which version of SAS is being used
- Which folder is SAS running in
- Base SAS differences between Windows, UNIX, Linux and z/OS
- Transferring SAS data sets between Windows, UNIX, Linux and z/OS
- Transferring SAS formats between Windows, UNIX, Linux and z/OS
- Transferring SAS templates between Windows, UNIX, Linux and z/OS
- Importing text files from different platforms into SAS data sets
- Why can I see my data set in Windows SAS and not in UNIX SAS
- Why can I use my SAS index in Windows, but not in UNIX