This app, “Efficiency: Do This In SAS?”, is one of a series of eBooks about SAS software programming focusing on frequently asked questions and answers about efficient SAS programming, both in program speed and maintenance, illustrated by code samples which can be sent by email directly from the app. The series of ebooks has been designed to encourage users to contribute questions some of which will be included in future versions of the app.
The questions, with answers, included are:
- About the Author: Philip R Holland
- What is Efficiency
- Is code formatting important
- Is SAS training important
- What performance factors are important
- Using look-up tables with Data Step Merge
- Using look-up tables with PROC SQL
- Using look-up tables with SAS Formats
- Using look-up tables with generated IF..THEN..ELSE statements
- Using look-up tables with generated SELECT..WHEN..OTHERWISE statements
- Using look-up tables: which method is the quickest
- How can I delete all the data sets created by my macro
- How can I restore all the options changed by my macro
An email client must have been installed and set up prior to the first use of this app, otherwise the features involving email will cause the app the terminate!