Total views 2,028
Apologies for the 9 hour server outage on my SAS-related blog site today, but I now know more about the relationships between Apache and PHP:
- The server’s Ubuntu operating system was upgraded from 16.04 to 18.04 on 18Aug2019.
- The Apache WordPress server was unaffected, but my Apache cloud server refused to start due to a PHP incompatibility.
- The cloud server software was then upgraded to use PHP7.2 instead of PHP7.0, but the server still refused to start.
- More PHP7.2 modules were downloaded and installed.
- The PHP configuration in the Apache cloud server was changed from PHP7.0 to PHP7.2, and it now started.
- At some point in the updates the listening ports on the Apache WordPress server were also updated, so, when it was automatically restarted at midnight, it immediately failed due to duplicate ports.
- Finally, this morning, I corrected the listening ports on the Apache WordPress server, which is how I’ve been able to write this blog post.
Thank you for your patience!